You have just finished your Collegiate Championship Season; all of those grueling double practices, morning lifts, and late-night cram sessions have finally come to an end. Now it is time to enter your off-season, as you hear the angels singing hallelujah! Instead of being able to practice for 20 hours a week you have slimed down to a mere 8 hours, piece of cake. But what are you going to do with all of this extra time on your hands?!
Here is a list of 5 fun things to do during your off-season, that were rarely possible in-season:
- SLEEP! You are now able to get the standard 8 hours of sleep almost every single night, take advantage of this and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour! You will feel a lot more attentive in your classes and refreshed for the day in general!
- Join a school club! Opening yourself up to new activities and interests besides your sport could awaken hidden passions you never knew you had!
- Hang out with friends outside of your team! Catch up with your social circle and go have fun with friends you might not have been able to see as much during your season.
- Start a new Netflix show! Enjoy some mindless entertainment; you deserve it!
- Visit a friend at another University! Change up your surroundings and experience a whole new social scene while also getting to reconnect with an old pal!
It might seem weird having time for your old or new acquired hobbies but I assure you the season will be fast approaching. So until then, make sure to turn your alarm clock off and catch up on everything you have missed. But most importantly, try to saver the feeling of free time, it doesn’t come often for student athletes.